As I progressed with my original security camera project I realised that I was making slow progress and I would struggle to complete the software in a sensible time-frame.

So I decided to simplify everything. A lot. I settled on motionEyeOS as the basis of my system and install just the hardware I needed. If in the future I wanted to add anything else I could do so but my priority was to get something working within a few weeks. It was time to stop designing and start making with what I had not what I thought I might need. This post described what I ended up with.

The camera looks out over my drive and stores photos and video on the SD card which is inside my garage.


Read more: original article.