Updates are free forever for donors.
Just drop me an email when you see a new release listed here if you want to receive the complete ISO file.
Author: Marco Buratto.
- the underlying operating system has been moved to Raspbian Stretch; the overall performance is sensibly better and HTML5 videos play a lot smoother;
- some improvements on code and bug fixes (the most important ones concern WiFi networks’ discovery and local WordPress virtual host, which remains disabled if unused).
- underlying operating system updated: raspberrypi-bootloader, apache, php, openssl and xorg packages have been updated, among many others;
- Chromium browser is now at v.56, bundled with system’s new SSL certificates – needed after the infamous SHA1 collision event for browser’s correct behaviour with “https” sites;
- Raspberry Pi Zero W compatibility;
- digital signage page can be retrieved from the Internet, LAN or even from localhost (a www folder inside the Raspberry Pi’s SD card). To simplify the management of the internal site setup, RDS 9.0 comes with WordPress already installed (see FAQ for more);
- a little more polished UI (official 7″ R-Pi touchscreen view is painless now);
- more robust prevent-cache technique for Chromium when reloading-web-page hack is enabled (thanks to Marc Giavarra);
- some minor improvements on code.
- finally, Adobe Flash Player is available for the Raspberry Pi Chromium browser! OK, it’s not the latest and greatest technology in the bunch, but many users ask for;
- operating system updated for Raspberry Pi 2B v1.2 compatibility;
- Ignore X-Frame headers Chromium extension installed, so now it is possible to display Google URLs within frames;
- some bug fixes and improvements.
- Chrome 51 which features H264 and AVC video acceleration and gains ARM6 (Raspberry Pi 1 and Zero) compatibility!
- F1 key added to blacklisted keys list in the kiosk view.
Older Raspberry Digital Signage infrastructure has been ported to the new Raspbian Jessie and now it is compatible with the Raspberry Pi 3 boards. So the system has been build from scratch since v1.0.