Detailed write instructions are available here.
As an option, ChuckEgg.com sells a digital signage plug-and-play solution package, which includes: a Rasperry Pi 3, all necessary cables and a preloaded copy of Raspberry Digital Signage software.
For image and video slideshow-based signaging, please have a look at Raspberry Slideshow.
If you like this project please donate.
As a donor, you will have full access to the unrestricted versions of: Raspberry Digital Signage (web-based digital signaging), Raspberry Slideshow (image/video slideshow-based digital signaging) and Raspberry WebKiosk (cheap web kiosking), which can be deployed on how many devices you wish!
Full Raspberry Digital Signage features:
- SSH remote management (see F.A.Q.);
- admin password (with password management), which protects the modify of the operating system settings at boot in the admin interface;
- screen resolution settings;
- screen rotation (normal, inverted, left, right);
- no screen blanking active on system;
- persist Chrome components/settings permanently;
- optional browser full reset after a specified user inactivity;
- optional force web content reloading after a specified time;
- automatic system shut down at scheduled hour;
- customizable HTTP proxy settings;
- VNC server available.
Once donation is done, I’ll e-mail you the full software downloading URL address within 12 hours.