Secure-K OS 18.5 “Brown Ale” for PC
Security & Privacy oriented encrypted Live Operating System for everyone
Secure-K OS is an operating system booting from a USB key in which you can safely create and store your personal and private data.
Secure-K OS is an advanced Linux-based Live USB operating system built for security and ease of use: user and system data are saved encrypted within the USB key (AES 512bit) and anti-tampering measures are performed during the bootstrap, so the system can be used as a clean and safe environment for your on-line security-critical activities. Moreover Secure-K does not rely on the PC hard drive and, being a Linux derivative, it’s immune to most viruses and it’s spyware / adware / backdoor free.
Secure-K OS features a unique partitioning scheme, which allows kernel update and a cleartext data exchange partition. GRUB is the bootloader for both BIOS and UEFI; the Linux Foundation’s preloader assures the Secure Boot compliance.
Unique system features are:
- encrypted persistence;
- complete system and kernel updates (live ISO 9660 filesystem);
- anti-tampering measures are performed during the bootstrap;
- unencrypted key’s partition for data exchange;
- high boot / hardware compatibility (Legacy, EFI, UEFI, Secure Boot);
- user creation wizard upon the first boot.
A “security for everyone” area (Secure-Zone) is also available, which allows:
- anonymous browsing;
- encrypted textual, audio and video chat;
- encrypted and signed emails exchange with ease: a program called Key Manager is able to generate and exchange GPG keys with a central Mon-K keyserver. This allows everyone running a Secure-K to send encrypted emails to another Secure-K user without manually retrieving the GPG key: process is done automatically by the modified Evolution email client build, which runs on top of every Secure-K OS.
Unique user-level features are:
- the aforementioned Secure-Zone;
- Backup & Restore – an optional encrypted real-time system backup is available: workbench can be restored to a new USB key, useful in case of key theft or loss. Backup is performed into the Secure-K cloud.