Download Instant WebKiosk/UB, with persistence, for USB keys (no CD-ROM). Please first read instructions below & FAQ.
Instant WebKiosk/UB boots from USB flash devices: in order to write the ISO file to an USB stick (extract it from ZIP), Windows users can use Win32DiskImager, while Linux users can make use of dd (not UNetbootin) and Mac OS X users should follow this guide.
Help with dd (run as root or with sudo) follows:
insert the USB stick
tail -f /var/log/messages or tail -f /var/log/syslog
locate device file, for example: /dev/sdx
dd if=path/to/iwk.iso of=/dev/sdx bs=1M
(always refer to the whole disk, so do not use /dev/sdx1 for example)
Once you have successfully written the ISO file to an USB stick, you have to plug the USB media into the PC, make sure your PC boots from USB devices and restart.
Hard-disk install | running Instant WebKiosk inside a VirtualBox VM | PXE boot: please see F.A.Q. page.
If you like this project please donate.
Once donation is done I’ll give you the download URL via e-mail within 12 hours. Please tell me if you notice a delay. If you live in country where PayPal does not support “Donation”, please contact me first.
Instant WebKiosk/UB donors’ xtreme version:
- home page can be personalized and setting will persist;
- screen resolution change capability;
- has a password layer which protects the modify of the operating system settings. Password can be enabled (for multiuser workstations) or disabled (for personal browsing) and modified;
- has support for LibreOffice files, read/write (doc, xls, ppt, docx, pptx, xslx, rtf, odt, ods, odp and dxf), VLC and ZIP files;
- screensaver can be enabled or disabled;
- external USB devices mounting can be enabled or disabled;
- reload browser after user inactivity feature is enabled (it resets browser at default values, erasing all users settings and downloads; this feature is suitable for multiuser workstations);
- whole Chrome home directory can be made persistent by the administrator (password protected feature);
this means that all modifies you bring (including search engines) and extensions you add to Chrome will be saved;
- domains whitelist: it’s possible to restrict access to a list of domains;
- customizable proxy settings.
Once donation is done I’ll give you the download URL directly via e-mail within 12 hours. Double check that your PayPal email address is valid.
Feel free to drop me a mail if you need brief help; I cannot however take into account immediate personalized builds due to my (lack of) time.