Raspberry Slideshow is an operating system for the Raspberry Pi focused on image and video slideshows. It plays all media contained in a USB key, fetched from a Windows (Samba) share, from a Webserver, FTP server and now from a folder of your Dropbox account!
The operating system can refresh the media list at given intervals as well, in order to slide images and videos according to remote changements.
New features for the v12 release:
- the underlying operating system has been updated to Raspbian Buster, which assures the compatibility with the new Raspberry Pi 4 and all the older boards;
- sliding Dropbox-fetched media feature has been added: you can now play images and videos directly from your Dropbox account!;
- username and password can now be set directly in the network-share.txt file for the Windows share feature (previously a trivial modification of the source files was needed);
- debug information is now much more verbose, easing issues discovery;
- some bugs have been fixed, the most tedious one was that at every refresh timeout (serverlist-refresh.txt) all the media were downloaded, regardless if an upstream file had been modified or not;
- Raspberry Slideshow code is now a proper Debian .deb package and not just a collection of source code files hand-copied across the system.