I discover RS with a lot of pleasure, so I subscribe to the donor’s version.
I use the full options like network shares or remote url and works good for me (my old samba server doesn’t support SMB2, so I hack with vers=1.0)
I would like to suggest some features whose could be more user friendly :
- add some options to turn off the display and turn on, every day, in a file in rs.conf on the USB key, which replace or append the rs.conf
- create the config files with some documentation (share, remote…) in the USB key when inserted and mounted to help new users
- umount the Usb key in the script when files are copied to eject the usb safefully
- when the RS is running and a USB is insert, the script could check if some new files should be copy
- add some options in the local rs.conf to create some splashscreen, more userfriendly the RS boot
And the really killing feature is to create a tiny webserver which can admin the USB with some options in a web browser.
PS : I already have to create same projet (in french) and push it in a repository.
It appears that currently when RS hit the ‘refresh’ timeout that it checks the web server and proceeds to download everything again. Can it be set to only download the deltas?
Thanks (a lot) for your suggestions.
So, now, this QA is open to anyone has got some 😉