I discover RS with a lot of pleasure, so I subscribe to the donor’s version.
I use the full options like network shares or remote url and works good for me (my old samba server doesn’t support SMB2, so I hack with vers=1.0)
I would like to suggest some features whose could be more user friendly :
- add some options to turn off the display and turn on, every day, in a file in rs.conf on the USB key, which replace or append the rs.conf
- create the config files with some documentation (share, remote…) in the USB key when inserted and mounted to help new users
- umount the Usb key in the script when files are copied to eject the usb safefully
- when the RS is running and a USB is insert, the script could check if some new files should be copy
- add some options in the local rs.conf to create some splashscreen, more userfriendly the RS boot
And the really killing feature is to create a tiny webserver which can admin the USB with some options in a web browser.
PS : I already have to create same projet (in french) and push it in a repository.