Version 7.0 (next) – feel free to propose features
- media retrieval from local network folder shares (Windows shares/Samba);
- media retrieval from remote webserver folders (if Apache Indexes directive is enabled);
- media retrieval from a Dropbox share (wget https://sharefFolderLink?dl=1 -O sharedFolder.zip; unzip sharedFolder.zip);
- optional background music for the images slideshow.
- removed linux-wlan-ng package, which interferes with the Raspberry 3 built-in 80211 module. Reinstall in case you use a Raspberry Pi 2;
- no black screen after all images playback while possible (i.e. when no video and no server content refresh is set). Of course images to videos transition and reloading remote resources need a very quick blank;
- optional photos rotation based on their EXIF informations (disable in /etc/rs.conf if you need a quicker boot).
It’s a complete new operating system which combines and enhances Raspberry Picture Frame Slideshow 4.0 and Raspberry Video 1.0, now both defunct.
- Raspberry Pi 3 compatibility;
- image and video playback;
- images: no more a web-based slider, but a native Linux image slider directly using the framebuffer (speed, stability).