Raspberry Digital Signage
Raspberry Digital Signage is an operating system designed for digital signage installations on the Raspberry Pi: it displays a full-screen browser view restricted to the resource specified.
It shows web pages from an Internet, local area network or internal resource; there is no way to escape this view but rebooting the machine. It is a hacker-proof secure operating systems for indoor and outdoor use.
See download page for free download.
- system ready at every reboot without man presence: automatic start of the operating system in digital signage mode with last selected network connection method;
- admin interface displayed after the machine bootstrap for a few seconds for parameters changing;
- admin password (with password management), which protects the modify of the operating system settings at boot in the admin interface (donors version only);
- screen rotation: normal, inverted, left, right (donors version only);
- SSH remote management; you can login with root privileges with the same password set for the admin interface. Operating system can be completely customized by the administrator using this feature (donors version only);
- Web management; you can use the admin interface from a compiter in LAN.
- mouse pointer hides itself in about a minute of user inactivity;
- completely reset browser after a specified user inactivity (donors version only);
- force reloading of web page content after a specified time (donors version only). Please note that this is a hack (normally it’s not possible to interfere with web pages behaviour from the outside of them) and only webpages which can lay within frames will work;
- optional on-screen virtual keyboard – displayed only when text input is needed (thanks to Stephen Wille Padnos);
- it’s possible to disable mouse and keyboard input – for real security;
- halt system at scheduled hour (donors version only);
- a token (machine MAC address) can be added at the end of the target URL, allowing multiple deploys pointing just one server location, for example: http://yourserver.com?id=080027fe959b.
It’s up to your local/remote server logic to display the appropriate content;
- customizable HTTP proxy settings (donors version only);
- VNC server available (donors version only);
- it’s possible modify browser components/settings permanently (donors version only).
Admin interface (part of):